In WOW time this half term we have been learning about many countries and cultures around the world with a focus on food and drink. We have been tasting traditional foods from counties such as:
Take a look at the skills we have been learning in PE with Mr Walker. We are using PE equipment and apparatus and are learning how to handle and use it safely. We are experimenting with the many ways we can travel and move our bodies.
In maths we have been:
- Making symmetrical patterns
- Naming, sorting and describing 3D shapes
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Sorting and ordering items by size
In Literacy this half term we have focussed on our learning project ‘Why Can’t I Have Chocolate for Breakfast?’ and our focus book ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears’. We have:
- Written a list of delicious breakfast foods
- Followed instructions to make various types of porridge (and taste it!)
- Written a perfect sentence using our Hi5 targets and adjectives to describe our porridge.
- Take a look at the skills we have been learning in Handwriting. We have been practicing our pencil control by drawing shapes, making patterns and shading. We must always remember our handwriting rules. They are to use:
BBC (Bottom at the Back of the Chair)
TNT (Tummy Near Table)
Two hands (one to hold the pencil and one to hold to paper
Pinchy parrot pencil grip
We have been working hard in letters and sounds to write VC, CVC, CCVC, CVCC and tricky words incorporating our handwriting targets and our Hi5 targets.