It is with great pleasure that I welcome you, on behalf of the children, staff and governors, to Button Lane Primary School.
Button Lane aims to provide a warm, welcoming and supportive environment in which our pupils enjoy working and learning together. We care about the health and well being of every child and want them to feel safe and secure so that they are able to take risks, are not afraid to make mistakes and can embrace learning.
We want the children to be happy and excited about coming to school to learn and to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding across a wide curriculum.
Our passion for education means that we inspire your children to develop a love of learning that they can carry with them for the rest of their lives.
Our school motto ‘Only the best is good enough’ reflects our high aspirations and ambitions for children and our drive and determination to ensure that all pupils and adults in the school reach their full potential. We are not complacent by any means and are continually looking for ways in which we can further improve the school.
At Button Lane, the staff and governors work in partnership with parents and carers. We value the contributions of a child’s whole family and are committed to building strong links with the community. We know that the more parents are engaged in their child’s learning the greater the achievement and we are delighted to talk with you about any aspect of your child’s learning and how you can support them at home.
As a school, we pride ourselves on being open and approachable and would encourage you to take the opportunity to visit us when we will be happy to welcome you.
Thank you for your interest in Button Lane.
- Please head to our Letters page (under Parents Information) for copies of the latest letters.
- This year, Sports Day is looking a little different! Due to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics being postponed until 2021, Button Lane Primary have planned a Sock Olympics just for you! Check out the link below for more instructions!
- A TikTik themed video to show Marcus how thankful we are for all of his efforts
- A huge well done to our fantastic pupils who represented school on BBC News
- The Guardian newspaper features Ms Roberts' praise for Marcus' achievements